Did you know?
* Women and girls in developing countries are affected every single day because of a lack of poor menstrual hygiene?
* In the developing world, many women use kitchen sponges, newspaper, toilet paper, multiple layers of underwear and even tree bark to manage their periods?
* They have access to menstrual pads, however, the cost is as much as a full days wage for some of these women! (Can you imagine spending a whole days wage just so you could manage your period?!)
How is all this affecting the girls and women in Sierra Leone?
* Girls are missing a whole week of school every month and their grades are dropping. Education plays a huge role in how a girls life pans out.
* This kind of poor hygiene laves girls and women extremely susceptible to illness and disease.
So, back to what Chantelle is doing.
Chantelle Baxter, and team, created "Launch Pad", a social enterprise that provides affordable sanitary pads to the women and girls of Sierra Leone.
Not only is she creating a solution for the girls and women of Sierra Leone, she is also creating an opportunity for these women to become social entrepreneurs themselves!
This is such a fine example of an everyday woman creating extraordinary in our (Sierra Leone's) everyday world. We applaud and support your efforts Chantelle Baxter!
Check out her whole story on the YouTube Video below.
"I am committed to inspiring, empowering and educating women on being architects of change in the world, using enterprise as a vehicle - all according to their Purpose, Passion and Strengths."
"Find out what you love to do, discover what it is you do best & be an agent of change in the world. Now that's a life worth living!" Melissa Haupt.
Websites I Love